By Lutgart Van Den Berghe, Kurt Verweire
Creating the long run with All Finance and fiscal Conglomerates includes an educational look for an figuring out of all finance and monetary conglomerates. It provides a strategic and monetary research of diversification thoughts and the growing to be interface among types of monetary companies. at the foundation of an exceptional research of theoretical foundations and functional worth, the e-book develops easy options of making the long run: in particular strategies in handling hazards and clean rules for the advance of built-in monetary providers.
The constitution of the ebook is logical: beginning on theoretical foundations (section 1, half A) and interpreting the industrial worth of All Finance and fiscal Conglomerates (part B), results in making a notion for the long run (part C). Case reviews upload extra useful worth to this learn. The assessment of the topic is finished via features of hazard administration during this region and by way of political guidance for the european unmarried marketplace (section 2).
The ebook builds additional on Professor Van den Berghe's first e-book, entitled Financial Conglomerates - New principles forNew Players (published through Kluwer educational Publishers in October 1995) and broadens the scope towards strategic and managerial features. the next 5 elements underline the innovativeness of the fabric:
- the quantity isn't just all in favour of the diversification of banks through `bancassurance', but in addition analyses extensive the parallel advancements within the assurance marketplace, wherein insurers and assurance intermediaries release themselves towards `assurfinance';
- the fabric analyses not just the cross-selling of every other's items and the blurring of the industry obstacles, but in addition the diversification, collaboration, and integration on all different degrees and services;
- New conceptual instruments (the monetary conglomerates keep watch over board) are constructed to supply a closer comparability of the various circumstances of this foreign pattern;
- The ebook is going a long way past the categorisation of the mode of diversification, through taking a look at all managerial facets of this sort of progress process; and
- The paintings appears on the fiscal and criminal features concerned in addition to on the extra strategic and managerial features.
This learn has been made attainable because of the monetary help of The LEVOB Foundation.
Read or Download Creating the Future with All Finance and Financial Conglomerates PDF
Best banks & banking books
The exceptional around the world improvement over the last decade of Islamic banking and finance is drawing a lot consciousness to Southeast Asia, which, at the platform of its personal monetary development good fortune, is additionally proving to be the gateway for heart japanese petrodollar investments into the 2 nice rising markets of India and China.
This research is the results of an curiosity within the monetary idea of construction intermittently pursued up to now 3 years. Over this era i've got bought monstrous help from the workplace of Naval learn, first from a private provider consulting agreement without delay with the math department of the workplace of Naval study and secondly from venture N6 onr-27009 at Princeton Univer sity below the path of Professor Oskar Morgenstern.
Developing the longer term with All Finance and monetary Conglomerates contains an instructional look for an realizing of all finance and fiscal conglomerates. It provides a strategic and monetary research of diversification thoughts and the transforming into interface among sorts of monetary enterprises.
- The structure and regulation of financial markets
- Research in Accounting Regulation, Volume 20 (Research in Accounting Regulation)
- Managing the Real and Fiscal Effects of Banking Crises (World Bank Discussion Paper)
- Banking Secrecy and Global Finance: Economic and Political Issues
Additional resources for Creating the Future with All Finance and Financial Conglomerates
The capital care concept of OHRA OHRA i a Dutch direct writer with a clear cu tomer-oriented trategy. If we go through the annual reports we encouter terms like all finance, all care, and capital care. On average OHRA has 2 to 3 in uranee policies per customer but it ha figured out that the more pro perous clients have less contracts. OHRA has discovered that there hould be a more appropriate communication of more adapted products on the right moment. A the client i uppo ed to take the decisions on hi financial products him elf OHRA tries to provide him with all the relevant information.
The choice for a relationship marketing approach instead of a transactional marketing option is another important determinant in the bundling strategy. In the beginning such a choice can be much more expensive because it needs more up-front investments. But in the longer run such an approach offers quite substantial advantages: the long-term relationship with the client leads to a learning relation that is upgraded with every client contact. The loyalty of the customer is honoured with ever more personalised service at more or less a mass price.
Critical customers can evaluate this lower transparency as a negative side-effect of bundling. (2) The non-monetary costs consists of different subelements: • The search costs will decrease drastically if a supplier offers bundled services. Especially less-informed customers can find it very difficult and they are even afraid to shop around and to look for the most convenient supply in the market. This is even the case for more informed customers when it comes to complicated products and complex determinants of Section 1 - The Theoretical Foundations 27 the best needs.
Creating the Future with All Finance and Financial Conglomerates by Lutgart Van Den Berghe, Kurt Verweire