By Amy E. Olsen
Interactive Vocabulary: normal phrases bargains an undaunting creation to vocabulary construction with a visually stimulating, full-color layout to pique scholars’ curiosity and make the method relaxing. This beautiful, highly-interactive workbook improves notice wisdom via thematic readings and interactive routines. Repetition of the phrases and getting the scholars to work out the phrases utilized in context enables memorization.
Read or Download Interactive Vocabulary General Words, 4th Edition PDF
Similar language & grammar books
English on the planet: background, range, switch examines the English language because it has constructed via historical past and is used around the globe this day. the 1st half the booklet outlines the historical past of the language from its fifth-century roots via its improvement as a countrywide, a colonial, and now an international language.
The e-book comprises 11 articles on theoretical difficulties in Albanian, Hungarian, Polish, (Old) Russian, Romanian, and the South Slavic languages of Bulgarian, Macedonian, Serbo-Croatian, and Slovenian. They hide themes resembling clitics, head and phrasal circulation, the constitution of the DP, and clause constitution.
Encouraging readers to mirror upon language and the position metaphor performs in patterning rules and notion, this publication first bargains a serious creation to metaphor conception because it has emerged during the last thirty years within the States. James W. Underhill then widens the scope of metaphor concept by means of investigating not just the worldview our language deals us, but additionally the worldviews which we adapt in our personal ideological and private interpretations of the area.
- Streamline English Departures - teacher edition
- Literacy and Libraries: Learning from Case Studies
- Understanding Pragmatic Markers: A Variational Pragmatic Approach
- Spoken Language Corpus and Linguistic Informatics
Additional info for Interactive Vocabulary General Words, 4th Edition
1. Select a travel companion. What might this person do that would baffle you on the trip? _________________________________ 2. Imagine a malevolent force (natural or human) that you might encounter on your trip. _____________________________________ 3. List two places you want access to on your trip. How do these places symbolize your interests? 4. Speculate on what you will do each day. Make a chronological list of activities you want to do. Think about the most opportune time to do each activity.
The candidate declared he was going to run for office; he made his position________________to everyone. 10. The decorative hanging i s ________________ of making the room more cheerful.
Die-, -diet-: predict, dictionary, dictation g. condition, act of h. one who 9. -tion, -ation: opposition, graduation, congratulations i. before 10. dis-: disorganized, discourage, dislike j. to say, to tell, to use words CHAPTER 4 Word Pa rt s I 29 Interactive Exercise Use the dictionary to find a word you don’t know that uses the word part listed below. W rite the meaning of the word part, the word, and the definition. If your dictionary has the etymology (history) of the word, see how the word part relates to the meaning, and write the etymology after the definition.
Interactive Vocabulary General Words, 4th Edition by Amy E. Olsen