By Microsoft Corporation
With this respectable MCSE education equipment, IT execs the way to benefit from the robust clustering providers within the home windows 2000 complex Server working method to maximise software and knowledge availability, reduce downtime, and decrease IT bills. As they construct those crucial system-support talents, they're additionally getting in-depth coaching for MCP examination 70-223-an optionally available at the home windows 2000 MCSE music. issues map on to the goals measured through the examination, together with configuring the community for Cluster provider set up, fitting the software program, atmosphere and troubleshooting providers and functions on a cluster, coping with cluster assets, and optimizing cluster functionality. scholars study via an built-in procedure of classes, skill-building tutorials, and self-assessment routines. a cost-effective substitute to lecture room guide, this package permits busy pros to set their very own velocity and examine by way of doing!
Read or Download MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server Advanced Server Clustering Services PDF
Similar client-server systems books
Why may still new types of mission-critical applied sciences suggest ranging from scratch? when you already know the way to take advantage of Microsoft home windows Server 2000, leverage these abilities to quick turn into a professional on Microsoft home windows Server 2003. Microsoft home windows Server 2003 Delta advisor skips the fundamentals and strikes immediately to what is new and what is replaced.
Trade 2007 represents the largest enhance within the historical past of Microsoft trade Server know-how. Given Exchange's bounce to x64 structure and its big choice of latest gains, it is not stunning that the SP1 unencumber of 2007 will be rather powerful by way of hotfixes, defense improvements and extra performance.
Delve contained in the home windows kernel with famous internals specialists Mark Russinovich and David Solomon, in collaboration with the Microsoft home windows product improvement group. This vintage guide—fully up to date for home windows Server 2003, home windows XP, and home windows 2000, together with 64-bit extensions—describes the structure and internals of the home windows working approach.
Arrange for examination 70-332 - and support exhibit your real-world mastery of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013. Designed for skilled IT execs able to strengthen their prestige, examination Ref makes a speciality of the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen wanted for fulfillment on the MCSE point.
- Pro WCF: Practical Microsoft SOA Implementation
- Configuring VMware ESX Server 2.5
- Grid Computing For Developers (Programming Series)
- Sams Teach Yourself iPad in 10 Minutes (Sams Teach Yourself -- Minutes)
Extra resources for MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server Advanced Server Clustering Services
3. Select Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and then click Properties. 4. Verify that the Use The Following IP Address option is selected. 5. Verify that a valid public IP address has been entered. 0 6. Click OK, and then click OK again. 7. 2 if one is not already provided. Configuring the Private Network TCP/IP Settings 1. On the first server in the cluster, from the Windows 2000 desktop, right-click My Network Places and click Properties. The Network And Dial-Up Connections window will open. 2. Right-click Private Cluster Connection and click Properties.
This provides a higher level of fault tolerance than RAID 3. • RAID 5 RAID 5, called disk striping with parity, provides the highest level of fault tolerance at the expense of the lowest performance. However, RAID 5 makes efficient use of the available hard drive space, unlike RAID 1, and allows you to quickly and easily "swap" a defective drive without restarting the server. The new replacement drive can be added to the array and the data rebuilt over time on the new drive. No data is lost in the event of a drive failure, which means that RAID 5 provides the highest level of redundancy.
2. Determine which resource groups can fail over based on whether the applications are cluster-aware or cluster-unaware. 3. List the nonapplication resources that will be included in the cluster. These include print spoolers and file shares that can be failed over in the event a node becomes unavailable. 4. List all the dependencies for each application to be hosted. Cluster Service ensures that all the dependent services will be successfully started before the application or service runs. This helps ensure that the application will either start correctly or be failed over, along with its dependencies, to another node.
MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server Advanced Server Clustering Services by Microsoft Corporation